Wednesday 4 July 2012

Simple Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe!

Last weekend I spent around an hour and a half making cupcakes with my little brother, the recipe was so simple so I thought I'd take some shots of our baking just in case the recipe worked out well.. it worked out well! They were delicious!!
I thought I'd tell you all the recipe with some step by step pictures. It is a British recipe so everything is measured in grams, I'm sorry if this causes complications if you decide to give the recipe a try!

What you'll need-

  • Self raising flour - 100 grams.
  • Caster sugar - 100 grams.
  • Butter - 100 grams.
  • Baking cases! I used 12 for this recipe.
  • 2 eggs.
  • Chocolate chips - 50 grams.
You'll also need a equipment such as a large mixing bowling, a spoon, weighing scales and an .. oven! I can't remember what I used exactly.



1. Start off by mixing together the butter and sugar until the butter has softened and you have combined the two ingredients together. 



2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the two eggs using a folk. My little brother has a go at doing this, hence the little thumb to the bottom right of the picture below.



3. Add your runny egg yolks to the cake mixture then stir!


4. Next, add the flour and give it a reallyyyyyy good stir! I hate stirring flour, I think it's a bit tough. I also don't understand why this writing is white. If anyone know please tell me but ignore it!

5. After stirring the flour into the mixture, chuck in the chocolate chips!!! Once your cake mixture looks like below, it's ready to be put into the cake cases!

6. Evenly put the mixture into the 12 cake cases. This can be messy but I find it easier to use two spoons to put the mixture into the buns but that's my personal preference. 


7. Now you need to put cakes in the oven heated at around 200 degrees. I have a fan oven so I don't have to preheat it. You should bake the cakes for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown. 


8. My cakes were a little bit too golden brown! A phone call distracted me from the oven. You should leave cakes to cool for 10 minutes before you decorate them which is what I did. I decorated my cakes with white icing and 'caramel nibbles', these are basically chocolate buttons with caramel inside. 


There was 12 but 3 were robbed straight away! I may be rubbish at decorating cakes but I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. They were so easy to make yet so yummy!

I hope you liked my little baking "tutorial", let me know if you did and let me know if you do give this recipe a try. Should I do more? Did you enjoy it?

Thank-you for reading! xx

4 comments:

  1. wow yum i love your blog hun im a new follower cant wait for more posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't baked for so long and this has inspired me to bake something :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete